Pedestrian Safety improvements on Naylor Road
If you haven't seen the pedestrian safety improvements on Naylor Road between Good Hope and 25th, go check them out. DDOT is doing a fantastic job. I biked down there today and cars are actually respecting the crosswalk.
Thanks to Commissioner Williams, Mr. Rufus Norris, Deborah Dillard, and community for your tenacity. HCCA will submit a thank you to DDOT on behalf of the community, but we urge everyone else to submit individual thank yous. Terry Bellamy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alabama Ave between Pennsylvania Ave and Naylor Road is on "the list" to receive fresh pavement markings in April.
- Storm drain on Branch Ave and Alabama Ave is on the list for cleaning and repairs. The back-up during rain events is because there is cement in the drain. I haven't received a timeline for repairs, but we have a work order
- Anne Beers Safe Routes to School is finally getting ramped up. DDOT, school administrators and I met last week to observe behavior at the end of the school day. It was emphasized to DDOT that Friends of Francis A Gregory/Library Staff and adjacent community need to be included in discussion and we want high quality improvements.
- 2000 block of Fort Davis and 3800 block of W Street are on the list for pavement repairs
- WMATA has a major effort to replace bus stop poles. I've been biking the routes in Hillcrest to note stops that need new poles and/or bus schedules. I'm about 2/3 complete and so far so good. I hope to get the list to WMATA by next week.